I have written a user guide for the CosmosEx device: CosmosEx User's Guide for dummies.
CosmosEx is a device for Atari ST computers which replaces multiple peripherals in single box.
- serves as hard drive with SD card: the device has a single SD card slot which replaces a hard drive just like UltraSatan or SatanDisk
- serves as hard drive with USB media: just insert a USB drive to USB slot and use it as a hard drive
- serves as hard drive with shared folder from PC: use shared folder from other computer through network, map it to TOS drive letter – for easy transfer between your ST and PC in plain TOS (MiNT not needed).
- serves as floppy emulator: loads .st and .msa images from connected media (e.g. usb key). Just select up to 3 images in the floppy image pool and switch between them using hardware button (more image formats will be added soon)
- downloading of floppy images using simple tool from internet directly to the device (something similar to some app store) – play old games just after few clicks
- can replace your keyboard, mouse and joysticks: just plug in a USB keyboard, mouse or joysticks to USB slot and you can use them with your ST (just like you would with Eiffel interface). But the best news is that you don’t have to replace all of them if you need only some of them – use USB joystick and USB mouse along with your original keyboard (or any other combination) – the USB peripherals are injected in the original peripherals data stream. No driver on ST needed, so this will work with games, too!
- one metal case version of the device: the device can be used from outside of your computer or can be put in the place of internal floppy drive.
- configurable from ST using a simple application
- software updates available through network – one click update from the configuration application