This page groups most of the documents that I have written under the name DrCoolZic or Jean Louis-Guerin.
Original documents written by me
- Atari Hard Disk & File Systems Reference Guide (Revision V1.2b Sept 2010): I have created this document as a reference manual that I use personally to find specific information related to usage of Hard Disks. It provides technical information about the different File Systems used on the Atari platform as well as a practical guide for partitioning Atari Hard Disks (mainly SD Cards connected to Satan, UltraSatan, CosmosEx Drives). An old version of the documentation is still available if you are using HDDRIVER 8.x or 7.x -- Atari Hard Disk & File Systems Reference Guide - V1.1b Jan 2010 --
- Atari Copy Protection Based on Key Disk (Rev 1.4 June 2015): This document describe the floppy disk protection mechanisms used on the Atari platform. Older versions V1.3 V1.2
- Atari ST FD / HD Programming: This document gives information about programming access at the hardware level to the floppy disk and hard disk on Atari ST platform. Access to the FD / HD involves programming several of the Atari chips: the DMA (DMA + MMU + Glue), the FDC, the MFP, and the PSG chips.
- Atari System Startup Sequence - Picture of the Atari startup Sequence
- CosmosEx User's Guide for Dummies.
- Atari Image File Formats: Several documents that describes the file formats used by Emulators
Document Edited by me
- Pure C English Overview - This is a formated version of the Pure C English overview by Dan Wilga
- A Hitchhikers Guide to the BIOS - This an high quality edited version of the original documentation from Atari Corp.
- WD1772 Datasheet - A completed/corrected high quality version of the WD177X Datasheet
- Introduction to the Discovery Cartridge Documentation
- Discovery Cartridge - Dbackup Documentation
- C-Manship Clayton Walnum: The ST programming manual that teaches both C and GEM programming techniques